Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Single Act of Kindness - Contest

Sharon...PRIVACY-- @ localnet.com> Hide
Add to: Blog, To Do, Calendar
To:
Moore, Brenda --- KINGSLEY @ aol.com>
Cc:
Bcc:
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2008 9:11 pm
My word Brenda, you are amazing...so much info so quickly....
After looking it all over, I think that the info that you got off of the Leelanau cemetery disc is the info that I have been looking for. When the Inor on Hannah Weigand John lists her father as Frederick. I think this is right on as Jacob and Ida's first born son was named Fredric! I have found that it is very common for the first son to be named after the fathers father and the first daughter to be named after the mother's mother. Also the name Frederick is a very common name in the family right through my generation.

Can't thank you enough. Now I will have to see what I can find about Frederick or Fredric Weigand as according to census records Jacobs father was born in Germany.

Did you hear my loud shout about 10 minutes ago when I read that e-mail? Thanks Sharon

No comments: