Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Joining A Society:1 Tallie

Well I am disappointed.. i wanted to join the Society for Vaughan Twp, Ontario and this is what I found. It states 47$ a year for OGS and Branch or 19$ for Branch only. Now.. how do I do branch only? I assume this might be what I want. I just want to join one for Vaughan Twp but maybe there is not such a thing. I want to receive newsletters with a subscription. ;(

Ok.. on further research, from what I can gather, I must belong to Ontario Genealogical Society and then join the Branch secondarily. York Ontario Region says: To become a member of the York Region branch, you must also be a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society. OGS membership is $45.00 per year, York Region branch membership is $10.00 per year.

So, since they are _demanding_ I join a Province before I can join a branch, I will just go elsewhere. Too bad I was looking forward to belonging to an area I am doing sooooo much research.

Update:
Aug2008 Joined: Joined the Traverse Area Historical Society. They do lots for our local area so this is now settled.

No comments: